Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fluffy's on Facebook?!?!!

As most of you have probably already noticed, I'm on facebook now! This week has been crazy. On Friday, we had a Zone Conference in Ossining, NY. That's about 40 minutes from Bethel, and it took up most of the day. At the conference, President Morgan announced that the New York New York North Mission has just been authorized to start online proselyting. So every day this week, we've been taking about an hour to log on to our accounts and get them cleaned up and ready for missionary work. By mid-November we will each have an iPad and each companionship will have an iPhone. Pretty crazy! Some things you should know about this. Facebook is a tool that will be used for proselyting only. I'm not on there to chat or to communicate with anyone aside from the purpose of a missionary. I'll be using Facebook to teach lessons and update my page with inspiring church related articles to spark interest in those that can see my page. I do invite you to like and share my posts. That way all of your non-member and less-active friends will be able to see what missionaries are posting. Communication with friends and family will still be through letters and emails on Wednesdays. I won't be able to communicate with any of you through Facebook. This is a very exciting time to be a missionary. President Morgan said that a few months ago he went to a training for mission presidents. Elder Richard G. Scott 
was speaking at that training, and compared this time in missionary work to some of the biggest moments in church history. He said that the hastening of missionary work today is ranked up with the first vision, the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, and the restoration of the Gospel. Words can't express how blessed I feel to be trusted as one of the missionaries pioneering this aspect of the work. One day I will be able to tell my children that I was in the field when all of this was introduced. I can't imagine where missionary work will be by then. With today's technology as an instrument in the hands of missionaries, more people will be reached than ever has been possible before. It's so exciting, and here I am right in the middle of it! I'm really looking forward to seeing where this will go. That's probably been the most exciting thing for the week. The work is still fun and rewarding. We're still meeting with our three main investigators. I find a lot of fulfillment as I get the opportunity to share the Gospel with other people every single day. Thank you all so much for the love and support. It sounds like things at home are pretty good. I count that as a huge blessing. I know that in my absence the Lord has really stepped in and is watching over and protecting each and every one of you. I love you all so much! Have a fantastic week. And don't waste too much time stalking my profile;) Haha. Keep up the good work everyone. Keep on smiling. I love you, I love you, I love you!!
Love, 
Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment