Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Challenges

Hey everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful week! I know I sure did. This week had it's challenges for sure, but it was still a good one. We have been meeting with basically three main investigators while I've been here. We have D. who we meet with every Thursday, and he and his mom had to cancel this week. I was sad we had to miss an appointment, but I feel very confident that we will pick right back up tomorrow. I feel the Spirit so strongly every time we teach them, and I really believe that he will be ready for baptism by November 30th. Our other two investigators are K. and J.S. . K.just got a new job and things have been kinda crazy, so we haven't been able to meet with her for about two and a half weeks. We finally met with her again the other day and talked about her baptismal date for January. We told her what needs to happen if she wants to be ready by then. She hasn't really been doing the things that we have been asking her. We invite her to pray and read the Book of Mormon all the time, and she hasn't really followed through very much. So, we told her that if she wants to do this that her commitment level is going to have to increase. I have faith that she will realize what needs to happen, so hopefully it works out. Then there is J.S. ! We haven't been able to meet with him for almost a month. He had a baptismal date for this Saturday, but that will have to be pushed way back, because the only things we've been able to teach him was the Restoration (which was an awesome lesson by the way!) So that's been kind of hard. Last night we had an appointment set up and he cancelled last minute. He felt really bad and told us he wasn't trying to avoid us. He just has a lot going on with work. Plus he's in the army, so he has had to go to drill a few times too. We rescheduled for tonight, so I'll let you know how the next lesson goes! Other than that we're just trying to find new people to teach and getting fed by members almost every night. I love my ward so much! We haven't been able to have regular church for a couple weeks because of General Conference and this last Sunday was Stake Conference, which was amazing! They talked a lot about temples and the Manhattan Temple President spoke. It made me so excited to go and do a session there. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that soon! Other than that there isn't much going on. I'm just loving it so much and I feel blessed every single day. I hope you are all doing well and loving life. I miss you and I love you all so much! Thanks for everything and for all the support. Keep smiling, and don't let a day go by without realizing how blessed we are and how much the Lord loves us. Have a great week, and keep smiling. Love you!!
Love, 
Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment