Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

First 6-Week Cycle

Elder Allred said that in this photo he and Elder Kroff were at a sweet lake house doing service. How about that aura surrounding these guys? Pretty cool :) 

Wow time really flies! Today we had our transfer meeting in Ossining. I can't believe my first cycle is over. There are a few people that got transferred and are in different areas now. It's kinda sad to see some of them go. I have loved my zone so much! I've been surrounded by such great examples. Good news is we got some awesome missionaries to replace them. We also got two sisters in our district this transfer. So now we'll have a total of eight missionaries in our district. There are only going to be more and more sisters in the future. We got five new sisters today and only one new elder. By next year sometime, it is projected that forty percent of our mission will be sisters. Pretty crazy, but exciting. Having elders and sisters working together really keeps everything in balance and makes everything work out much better. The best news about this transfer is that Elder Kroff is staying!! I'm so relieved that he will be finishing out training me in the next six weeks. He's already been in Newtown for seven and a half months, so I was worried that he would get transferred. By the end of this cycle he will have been in his first area for nine months. His brother went home to Montana last night from a mission in Croatia, so that was pretty cool for him. I think if I stay here for nine months I'll go crazy! Haha. I love it here, but that just seems like it's way too long. Elder Kroff doesn't seem to mind it though. Plus any area is awesome if you have the right attitude. When you realize that you are where you are because that's where the Lord needs you, it makes it a lot easier to be excited about anything that you're called to do. I'm so excited that I get to continue working here. The people are so nice here. A lot of people are already Catholic or Jewish or something else, so not a lot of people are very open. Plus the people here are very wealthy, so they aren't as open to religion because life is generally pretty good for them already. But it's okay. All we can do is invite them and teach by the spirit if they are willing to accept. We're still teaching a few investigators, and they're doing great. We have an eleven year old kid that we're teaching right now named Declan that could be getting baptized soon! His mom is less active and hasn't been in a chapel for over twenty years. This last Sunday she and Declan were both there! It's so cool to see miracles like that. The Lord is truly blessing us for our efforts. Sacrament meeting was awesome this week. It was the primary program, which is always fun. The ward here does this thing every once in a while that they call a "Linger Longer". So, after primary, the whole ward cancelled sunday school, priesthood and relief society and everything and just got together in the gym and ate food and mingled. It was so nice! Our investigators that were there (Declan, his mom, and Kim) were able to meet and talk to a lot of the members in the ward. This ward is so great! It feels just like home, and the atmosphere is just like a Utah ward. I love the members so much. They really take good care of us. Well, that's about it this week. I look forward to the next one with general conference coming up! Make sure you all watch it!!!! At least one session. I love you all. Thank you so much for all that you do. Your support means more to me than you know! Have a great week. I love you, I love you, I love you!! 
Love, Elder Allred 


No comments:

Post a Comment