Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can....

Still chugging along! I'm really starting to see how much of a challenge being a missionary can be. I miss you all so much, and some days all I want is just to be home. There are times when I doubt whether I can do this or not. In those moments I pray a little harder and read a little more intently, and the Lord always pulls through! It's building my testimony that no matter what we face in this life, there's nothing that He can't get us through, as long as we turn to Him. Every time we put our trust in Him and let Him help us get through a trial, it builds our faith just a little bit more. I encourage you all to do the same. Pray continually, and when life gets hard, when you have stress because some dumb kids are partying at the apartments, when you have to stay up late to finish an assignment, when one of the kids at work is giving you a hard time, when you don't get to go home for another two weeks, pray harder! Talk to your Father in Heaven. He's listening and waiting for you to come to him. He wants to help you, and as soon as you make the decision to let Him, you will find more comfort and strength than you could ever imagine. The power of prayer is incredible! Everything with our investigators is going pretty well. D. and his mom were at church on Sunday, so that was awesome. We finally met with J.S. again and we have a meeting with him tonight. Both D. and J. well on their way to being baptized around the end of November. It's such a blessing to be working with them. Not too much to complain about. This last week has been fun. On Sunday, Elder Kroff and I got to teach the priest quorum, so that was pretty cool. It feels like I was just barely a priest and preparing to serve my mission. Now I'm giving young men advice to help them prepare. The ward here is fantastic. It feels just like a Utah ward. I better enjoy that while it lasts, because I heard that some of the wards in the city are a whole new experience. I would imagine so. I love it here in Connecticut. There's a good chance that I'll be here until at least the end of the year. Which would be great. I'm sure the holidays here are so much fun. We have a ward Halloween activity coming up on Friday. We got to help the youth one night get all the decorations ready and set up for their "Haunted Trail" in the woods behind the chapel. We also get to sing in sacrament meeting next week. Me and the other three elders in the Newtown ward are going to be singing Army of Helaman with the primary kids. I'm way excited for that! Life is good here. Thank you all for everything you do. I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Love, 
Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment