Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

End of Training

I cannot believe how fast the time flies. It doesn't feel like I've been a missionary for three months already. And the crazy part is, it's only going by faster and faster. Next Wednesday is transfer meeting, which means that I have already been out for almost two cycles. That also means that I will be done being trained. 12 weeks in the mission field has gone by in the blink of an eye. On Saturday we will know who is leaving the area and who's staying. If I had to guess I would think that I will be staying in Newtown. Elder Kroff has been here for six cycles now, which is about eight months, so there's a very good chance that he will be getting moved to another area. It will be sad when we're no longer companions. I have loved working with him so much, and he has taught me so much. I'm a little nervous, because when he leaves, that means I will be the one who should know the area the best. When I get a new companion, he will be relying on me to know what's going on and the best ways to use our time. That's intimidating, because I feel like I'm still the new guy. Haha. But I'm also excited, because that means I will have no other option but to fully rely on the Lord to help me. With guidance from Him, I will be able to keep the success that we've had here. So next Wednesday I'll let you know what is going on and if I'm staying. This last week has been pretty exciting. I'm now a fully fledged Facebook using missionary. As you have all been able to tell by my posts. I'm so excited that we have this opportunity. And by next week or the week after, we will all be getting iPads to work with. Pretty exciting! I never expected to be carrying around an iPad as a missionary. That just tells you how much the work is changing and evolving into something new. It's so cool that I am a part of it! One day I will be able to tell my children that I was one of the first missionaries to start using the internet as a tool in spreading the Gospel. We're still working with our three main investigators. K had an awesome week! She has recently been praying a lot more, and we can see progression for the first time in a while. There's a very noticeable light shining in her as she comes closer to Christ. Hopefully she will continue to progress and be ready for baptism by the first of the year. We also started meeting with a new lady from Ghana. She has lived in the states for about ten years. She is a super nice and humble person. She lives in New Jersey but works here. She is working as kind of a caretaker for older people and spends 24 hours a day in their homes. Once a month she goes back home for a week to be with her two teenage sons. It will be interesting to see how it works out since she doesn't technically live in our area, but spends more time here than she does at home. Hopefully soon she will be able to find more permanent full time work so she can stay home and be taught by the missionaries there. For now, we're planning on meeting with her next week when she comes back. All in all things are good here. I'm so happy to be doing the Lord's work. There are ups and downs for sure. I don't want you all to be worried about me, because I know that you are (especially you, Mom). I have my homesick days just like anyone else, but I am able to deal with that very well. As I turn to the Lord in prayer I find instant comfort and relief. Like I've said before, this is the hardest thing I've ever done. It's hard to be away from all of you and all of the things that I love about home. However, it's also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. There is no other place that I would rather be than in the full time service of the Lord. I absolutely love what I do. There's not a day that goes by that I don't smile atleast once and count my blessings. I hope that you all do the same. I love you all so much! Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Your love stretches every single mile from Utah to Connecticut. Have a great week. I love you!!
Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment