Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Training a Savage;)

Pretty crazy week! We got big news last Wednesday night. President Morgan called us just as we were finishing our planning session. Elder Kroff answered, and President told him he wanted to talk to me. I had no idea what this was gonna be about. He asked me how I was doing and I told him I was doing well. His reply was this: " Well enough to train a new missionary?" Wow! So for  a week now I've known that I would be training a new missionary. It's pretty crazy because I just barely finished training myself. So, today we had our transfer meeting, and I met my new companion. Fresh out of the MTC yesterday. His name is Elder Savage and he's from Michigan. I've only known him for about three hours at this point, but I can already tell he's going to be awesome. He's a really happy guy, and he's just ready to go to work! He's actually waiting here on a visa so he can go to India! Hopefully I'll get to finish training him before he leaves. Man, I feel like I just have so much to learn. It feels like yesterday that I had my first day in the mission field. My time with Elder Kroff feels like it went by in the blink of an eye. I enjoyed having him as a companion so much. He taught me a lot, and we just got along so well. He has been transferred to New Rochelle, which is just above the Bronx. It is super sad to see him go, but I'm also really excited for him. He's been in Newtown for his whole mission, which is just over eight months now. So the change will be good for him. I just can't believe how fast the time is flying on my mission. I know that it will only start going faster now. I'm going to be way busier now and have a lot more responsibility. I'm excited for what lies ahead. Things here in Newtown are still going really well. We still meet with D. and his Mom every week. They actually came to church and stayed for all three hours. That was exciting! I wouldn't be surprised if D. gets baptized in the coming weeks. We meet with K. pretty much regularly as well. She's doing pretty well. The biggest thing right now is that she works on Sundays, so that's been kinda tough. Things are good though. I'm so glad that I get to stay here two cycles, so I should be here for Christmas. Speaking of that, we got our first snow yesterday!It only snowed for like an hour and now it's all melted, but winter is fast approaching here. The temperature is dropping fast! Well, I hope all is well at home. Exciting things lay ahead for me here. Have a great week everyone. I love you, I love you, I love you!! 
Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment