Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 7 ...grocery shopping in the heart of Harlem

Hey everyone! I'm a bit late. We went to Harlem today and got groceries at Costco. It was quite the adventure to take all of the food from Harlem back to the Bronx. Whatever you have to do to eat cheaper is worth it here! Haha. Anyway, I don't have a whole lot of time, so the mass email is going to be really short today. I'm going to try to do some individual emails instead. Quick update though. Things are great. The new district leader calling is going great! I love it so much, and I'm able to interact with each companionship a lot more. I'm just happy to have the chance to serve more people more fully. Usually each Monday I would give a training to the district, but since this week was the first Monday of the month, the zone leaders did it. Next week I'll be up though. I'm kinda nervous, but I know that opportunity  to teach the other missionaries each week will help me learn so much more! The work is good. Our mission has a goal to baptize 100 people in the month of May. I was talking to the AP, Elder Taylor, and he said we're already at 28! I think we will reach it. Elder Rydalch and I are hoping to set a baptismal date this week with someone. We've both been a lot more determined lately to work hard and have talked to a lot more people. We taught five lessons on Monday alone. Other than that, things are great! Nothing too big to report on. I can't wait to see everyone for Skype on Sunday. Love you guys! 
~Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment