Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

El Libro de Mormon es verdad. Es verdad.

 Hey everyone! Life is good here in the Bronx. We're only two weeks away from another transfer. Typically you will stay in an area for no more than three or four cycles. Since I've already been here for three, the possibility of me leaving is getting pretty high. You never know though. My trainer was in Newtown for six cycles. I kind of hope to stay for one more. I love the Bronx so much! That would mean that half of my mission would be spent in just two areas. I guess only time will tell. I'll find out next Saturday whether I will be transferring or not. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy the last couple weeks of this cycle. The other missionaries that I'm working with are awesome. We have a lot of fun, especially with the guys that are in the apartment that I live in. I've become really good friends with Elder Kohli. I'll be really sad to see him go home. That's just how it works I guess. Before you know it, that will be me scrambling in my last two weeks of full time service. 

I went to a meeting in Scarsdale this week called Mission Leadership Council (MLC). That's once a month, and usually zone leaders and Sister Training Leaders go to receive instruction from President Morgan and the APs on how they want the mission to be led. Two or three times  a year, the District Leaders are invited as well, and this month just happened to be one of those times. They will usually also introduce any big announcements for what's coming up in the mission. They talked about details for a mission tour that we are having tomorrow and Friday. A mission tour is where a General Authority comes and stays in the mission home and speaks to all of the missionaries. This usually happens once a year for the mission. This year , Elder Steven E Snow will be visiting our mission. So, I will spend most of the day tomorrow in Manhattan at the temple for that meeting. Then on Saturday and Sunday, Elder Snow and President Morgan will attend the Westchester stake conference, which is the stake that the Bronx wards are in. Our Stake President, President Taylor, is moving back to Utah, so he will be released and the stake will be getting reorganized. I'm really excited for stake conference, because it will be held at the Yorktown chapel in Ossining. It will take me back to my days of serving up there. The other big announcement is even more exciting. President Morgan is arranging for the whole mission to go to the Yankees vs Rays game on July 2nd!!! I was going to email him soon to try and get permission, but now everyone is going! Do I not have the coolest mission in the world? As hard as it is to be a missionary, I almost feel like I'm on vacation sometimes. President Morgan lets us do some really cool things. So, be watching the game July 2nd to see about 250 white shirts and ties. the Lord knows me so well, and He's pretty darn good to me. I have one cool story before I wrap it up. When I got back from MLC, I was with Elder Hausenfluck, because he is the other District Leader in our zone. He's a Spanish speaking missionary, so we went to some Spanish appointments. I've picked up a little bit of Spanish here but not a whole lot. So, I was pretty much just sitting there not understanding the conversation. I tried to pick up a few words as he was teaching one of their investigators. From what I could gather, I knew they were talking about the Book of Mormon. I had the strongest prompting from the Spirit that I needed to speak up and say something. So, I pulled what I could from my Spanish vocabulary of about twenty words and was able to utter my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I said "Yo tengo fe en El Libro de Mormon. El Libro de Mormon es verdad. Es verdad." Which translates to I have faith in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is true. It's true." That was one of the most powerful experiences I've had on my mission. Listen to promptings from the Spirit. They will always touch someone. You or someone else. Following those promptings is so important and will always increase your spirituality. I love feeling the Spirit and being guided in the Lord's work by His hand. It really is an incredible thing to be a part of. Life is good! I'm happy and healthy and bracing myself for the long, hot, and humid summer! Love you guys! Have a great week! 
~ Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment