Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 14

Skyping with everyone was so awesome! It was great to see you all and talk for a little bit. I really wish that we had that opportunity more often than twice a year. We're blessed with what we have though. From what I've heard, a lot of other missions are only allowed a thirty minute phone call. The Church actually wanted President Morgan to go down to thirty minutes too, but he didn't let it happen. He wanted to make sure that we had a lot of time. He takes really good care of us and makes sure that we get to do a lot of cool things. I really look up to that man and admire him for the way he leads this mission. Besides that, this week has been great. We've been teaching this guy named Eddy for a couple of weeks now. He is from Haiti and has been in the states for about twenty years. The way he was found is that a couple of sister missionaries just started talking to him on the subway down in Manhattan. He told them he had met with missionaries before when he was in Haiti and that he would be interested in meeting again. I may have already told you all of that, so if I did I'm sorry. Anyway, when we first met with him he said he had already been baptized. Come to find out this week, he was baptized into another church. He thought that when the Priesthood was restored again to the earth, that meant that every church had the authority. So, he was pretty disappointed when he found out that he needs to be baptized again. I was actually on split, so I wasn't at that lesson. Elder Rydalch said that Eddy was actually a little bit angry about it. Luckily he came to church with us still and we'll be meeting with him on Friday. Hopefully all will go well there, and he will have the desire to be baptized and active in the gospel. Being a district leader is so great! I'm loving it. My first training on Monday went really well. I was way nervous, but it turned out well. Everyone in the district is super supportive. It's a blessing to have these great missionaries here to help me with my leadership responsibilities. I really think that I'm getting way more from them than I could possibly give in return. I'm excited for this coming week. Elder Rydalch's little brother is coming to stay with us for a few days. He just got his mission call to Ecuador, and President Morgan is letting him come here before he goes. It should be way fun! I hope you all have a great week. I miss you like crazy. I love you so much! 
~Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment