Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Is that Kyler Ockey????

We got some pictures today! Yay:) Elder Allred  and Elder Ockey crossed paths in the MTC
MTC Zone Leaders Elder Steiner and Elder Allred
Elder Allred's first companion in the field is Elder Kroff
And the requisite selfie:)

Hey everybody! So I'm gonna start doing something new with the e-mails. I try so hard to e-mail everyone back, but it just doesn't work out usually. I wish I had more time and could talk to everyone more! But it's so great to hear from everyone, and I love to know how everything is going! Anyway, I'm gonna start doing a weekly e-mail to everyone as a group. That way you can all know what's going on and how I'm doing. I'll still do my best to answer everyone's questions, but I don't know how it will work out. So if there's a super important question that anyone wants to ask and I don't answer it, then keep asking and I'll get to it. Haha. Also, I don't have as much time to write letters as I wish I did. So, if it takes close to two weeks for me to return a letter, then just know that I haven't forgotten about you and that I still love to hear from everyone! I love receiving letters, and I love writing them as well. I'm really on the Lord's time here. I'm so busy all the time! But that's a good thing. He needs me right now, and I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to give so much of my time to Him. The mission life is treating me great. We have a standard set by President Morgan for everyone to strive to be consecrated missionaries. As I have grasped this idea, it has been such a blessing. Basically what it means to be a consecrated missionary is to leave every desire that you have on altar of sacrifice. You have to completely turn your will over for God's will. We have also been given a goal by President Morgan that every companionship in the mission has one baptism. It's important to remember that numbers don't matter. I don't care if I don't see a single person convert in my two years here, as long I know that I am doing everything in my power. However, I do know that if Elder Kroff and I do all that we can to be consecrated then we will see that blessing of having the opportunity to have a baptism in our area. I've already seen the blessings of being a consecrated missionary. We had a zone meeting on Monday about how we can all work toward consecaration, and so on Tuesday I really thought about what I could do to improve. I came to the conclusion that I need to open my mouth more and have confidence. I don't have as much knowledge of the gospel as I wish I did. But what I do have the Holy Spirit can work with. I need to leave that fear behind of not being able to answer someone's question. Elder Kroff and I were able to meet with a guy named Rob on Tuesday, who hasn't met with the missionaries for a few months. We had a great conversation with him and I look forward to helping him know more about the gospel. I know that him letting us come over was a direct blessing from the effort of being more consecrated. On a note other than spirtual, I am having so much fun here! The people are super nice and the missionaries that I work with are so fun to be around. I laugh all the time! I don't have much more time to write, so I won't be able to answer anyone's individual e-mails today:/ Just know that I love you all so much! Thank you so much for the letters and the packages. They are amazing! Hopefully I'll have more time next week, and I will also try to send my memory card to mom soon so you can see more pictures! Love you all! Remember to smile and enjoy life! And just know that I'm doing awesome and you don't have to worry about me. Have a great week! I love you, I love you, I love you!!
 
-Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment