Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Monday, August 26, 2013

Three Letters!

We received THREE letters from Elder Allred today, dating back to August 13. 

8/13/13
The MTC is still awesome! We got the chance to go to the temple this afternoon because it's our p-day. So cool! I had such a spiritual experience there today. We also had our Tuesday night devotional. That was in the Marriott Center and guess who was the speaker? It was Richard G. Scott! He talked about prayer and it touched me so powerfully. It set me on the course to do something that will help me grow so much this week. I look forward to growing closer to Christ and my Father in Heaven every day! 
Here's just some random stuff about the MTC: The food is delicious. I better not get used to it, because I don't think I'll be cooking three square meals a day in New York. We work for like 16 hours a day, so I'm always sleepy! Especially after lunch. The showers are terrible. They're either super hot or super cold. Elder Steiner and I are working well together. I love you guys. Stay strong! 
~Elder Allred 

8/20/13
It was so nice to be able to talk to everyone today! I can't believe that I'm finally on my way to New York. The MTC was awesome. We had a lot of classroom time, but I learned so much. In our last devotional on Sunday night, I really felt the Spirit. We sang Called to Serve, and about halfway through the song, everyone stood up. That gave me chills. It was so cool to see that many missionaries and made me realize what a big thing I'm part of now. After the devotional, we met as a district back in our classroom. We just wanted to have a little testimony meeting since most of the district left on Monday. My district at the MTC was amazing. I even teared up a little bit. Not quite as much as I did the night before I left. I'm going to miss the people I met at the MTC, but I look forward to those that I'll meet in New York! Being a ZL was such an amazing experience. I was able to connect with people through that calling in ways that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Most days at the MTC were so spiritual and amazing. Some days were a little stressful. I'm grateful for that. If this was an easy ride, I wouldn't grow any closer to Christ or help anyone else to. Tell Grandma Becca I said thank you. I love her so much! Keep telling me stories. I love to hear what's going on at home. Stay strong! 
~Elder Allred 

8/21/13
This mission field is great! President and Sister Morgan are super loving and welcoming. We stayed at the mission home the first night. Today we went to the Bronx. I didn't see the stadium, but my time will come. My first area is around the Danbury, Connecticut area in the Yorktown zone. My trainer is Elder Kroff from Montana, and he seems like someone I'll get along with really well. We live in Bethel in an apartment with two other Elders. One of them is from Italy, and his English can be a little hard to understand sometimes. I can tell I'm going to love it here. Can't wait to get started! 
~Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment