Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Two Weeks!

Two weeks. I feel like I can't accurately describe to you all how I'm feeling right now. I've never been this emotional about anything in my life. There have been several times in the recent weeks that I've just had to fight back tears as I've thought about having to leave my mission behind. I love my mission. I wouldn't trade the opportunity for anything in the world. A lot happens in two years. I could have been anywhere, doing anything. At 19-21 years old you have potential to do absolutely anything. I chose to accept the call to be a full time missionary in New York and Connecticut. Best decision I've ever made. I had the opportunity to attend the Manhattan temple last Thursday. I won't share all of the details of that experience, because it was a very sacred one for me. Some things I'll keep in my journal. Some things I'll just keep between and my Father in Heaven. But I would like to share a little bit with all of you. I think it's important for me to share this with you, because it will help you to see how much of an effect my mission has had on me. This trip to the temple was the last time that I would be in the temple as a missionary. I went in with a few thoughts. One was a question that I had. I wanted to know if my mission was complete. Had I done enough in my two years? Was my offering acceptable to the Lord? These questions occupied my mind during the few precious hours that I got to spend with the Lord in His house in Manhattan. Again, I won't tell you all the details. I will say that I felt the gentle influence of the Spirit. For those of you who haven't attended the temple before, the Spirit that you feel in the temple is unmatched by any other place in the world. You just feel so good. It doesn't matter what else is going on in the world outside. You are totally calm and comforted. I believe that is a small taste of what it will be like to live with Him again in Celestial Glory. Those of you who have been to the temple recently know what I mean as I talk about this. It was just so reassuring for me to feel that influence of the Holy Ghost. The Lord answered my prayer as I felt an overwhelming sense that I had indeed done enough. My offering is acceptable to Him. What a good feeling. To know that I've served hard and done my Father's will. I'm just so grateful that I decided to work hard through my mission rather than coast through and take the easy road. This is the feeling  I want to have when my mortal mission comes to its end as well. I'm almost done  being a missionary, but my work isn't done. I'll always be a disciple of Christ. Can't wait to see you all in two weeks. Love you!!! 
~Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment