Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Thursday, April 23, 2015

WICKED!!!

Hello Family!
Everything is great here! I can't believe I've already been here for three weeks. The next fifteen weeks are going to fly! I love the area and the people here. We have some really cool investigators. It's kind of different to be teaching people my own age. I got that a little bit when I was teaching Joe in Poughkeepsie, but now it's every day that we're teaching only young people. It's good though. Much easier to relate to them. It's also kind of weird to be in a singles ward in general. The bishop wants us to go to as many YSA activities as we can so that we can have good relationships with the members. So on Sunday night we went to "waffle night" at a member's apartment. Basically just went and hung out with a bunch of people our age and ate waffles. Then on Monday we went to Family Home Evening down in Soho. (That's like a really high class area in lower Manhattan). We went to a dessert place down there and got some pudding. I'm getting a really good taste of what YSA life is like. I never consistently went to the YSA ward while I was at Snow, so it's kind of a new experience for me. It's a lot of fun! I'm pretty lucky to be in the city again. Obviously the missionary work is amazing. I love it, and I already love the people. I'm also getting to do a lot of fun things on P-days. Not trying to make you guys jealous or anything. But today we're going to be in the Bronx and Manhattan. We're going to the Bronx first to go to a really good diner that I liked to eat at while I was there. Then we're headed back down to Manhattan to go see Wicked! Pretty awesome. Also Elder Coburn and I got permission from President Morgan to go to my favorite place in the world next week. We're gonna go with our roommates to the Yankees-Rays game next Wednesday! Am I living the dream or what? The week after that we're getting together with some other missionaries in our zone to go mini golfing on one of the piers on the Hudson River. Then probably a few weeks later we're going up to see the view from the top of the Rockefeller Center. I've wanted to do that ever since I got into the mission but didn't ever want to spend the money on it. One of the members was generous and bought tickets for me and Elder Coburn to go do it. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming! I feel more like I'm on a two year vacation sometimes. Of course the day to day grind isn't easy. Being a missionary is full of joy and miracles, but it also comes with its unique set of difficulties. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I love it! That's about all I've got for you this week. Hope you're all doing well. I love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment