Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

120 Day Challenge!

We went to the 9/11 Memorial last p-day. I still can't believe I live in New York City. This place is incredible! 
Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful week. I know I sure have. For starters, we had zone conference yesterday. I always love zone conference so much, because every time it happens I walk away having learned something new and with a renewed desire to share the gospel with people. The theme for this zone conference was "Blessed by the Basics". We had about four hours of training and presentations from President and Sister Morgan and the assistants. Everything they talked about was focused on the importance of studying Preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon and using it to teach people the gospel. This was a really good reminder for me to get back into studying Preach my Gospel. I studied it a lot toward the beginning of my mission when I didn't know the missionary lessons very well. I noticed that as I had more practice and got more comfortable teaching, I kind of strayed away from studying it, and as I've had the opportunity to get back into it in the last couple of weeks, I have definitely seen the blessings that come from studying Preach my Gospel. President Morgan also encouraged us to focus our efforts back into the Book of Mormon. We have a goal as a mission that starting on August 25th, we are going to do the "120 Day Challenge". We are all going to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover, and finish it by December 24th. I really think this will help our mission be unified and solidified in our testimonies of the Book of Mormon. I was also thinking it would be cool for you guys to join me in this challenge and read along with me. I'll map out my schedule this week and send it next Wednesday so you can follow me. So anyone who wants to join me in the 120 Day Challenge is more than welcome. You don't have to, but I think it would be really cool! I'm excited to get back to the basics of  missionary work through PMG and the Book of Mormon. We are called to preach the gospel clearly and simply, and this will really help me do that I think. The other fun part about zone conference was that I was asked to sing in a musical number. So I sane "Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy" with Elder Fronk, and Kroff, and two other missionaries. I was so nervous, and I felt like my voice was shaking like crazy! But I really enjoyed singing with some of my best friends. Anyway, like any other Wednesday, I don't have much time to email. So, that's about all I will be able to share. The rest of the week was good though. The work is great, and we saw miracles this week as we went from having one baptism date to having three! Kristina called and told us she's finally ready to be baptized and knows that it is true! She is preparing to enter into that covenant on the 13th of September! This work is incredible you guys. I love it so much. I just can't stress enough how fast I feel like the time is going though. Each week goes faster than the last, and I can't believe I've been in Harlem for over two months already. I miss you all so much. I love you and I hope you have a great week! 
~Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment