Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Sunday, February 2, 2014

White Wash next Week?

 Hey everyone! This week has seriously gone by so fast. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was emailing and now it's already p-day again! We've had a lot of good stuff going on this week. We looked a lady up that was on our list of potential investigators. Her name is Tiffany, and she is super nice. When Elder Kroff was still here we actually had an appointment set up to go over to her house, but it fell through, and we haven't been able to contact her in a few months. Elder Savage and I finally caught her at home the other day! She said that she used to be friends with some Mormons when they lived in California. She was super impressed at how good the family dynamics among Mormons are. She asked us if we had any material that the Church had produced on families. I got so excited because I know how much the gospel can bless families. The restored gospel is exactly what she needs and will help her so much with her family. I'm looking forward to seeing what she thinks about the proclamation on the family and especially the plan of salvation. She has been so prepared by the Lord to receive our message. What a blessing! Another cool story is that this week we got a call from a guy in Florida. Turns out he has a brother in law that was moving into Brookfield, CT on Saturday. He said that his name is James and that he wanted the missionaries to come visit. James got baptized about a year ago and has a wife and son that aren't members. We ended up helping them move into their apartment when they got here. James is a super cool guy! He came to church on Sunday and was way eager to meet everyone. He asked us right  away to introduce him to the bishop, the elders quorum president and the relief society president. He even said that his wife was very impressed at the way the gospel has changed him and had expressed that she wanted to become a member herself. So, we will be trying to go over there again sometime this week to get to know her a little better and hopefully start teaching her soon! I think I told you guys about Erik already, but he's one of Kim's friends, and we've been teaching him for a few weeks. After Kim and Declan got baptized, things were pretty tough. We had absolutely zero investigators and weren't teaching very much at all. The last little bit and especially this last week have been so great. Things have really picked up and we have some exciting new prospects! I feel super blessed for that. Hopefully I'll get to stay here for awhile and see some of these people progress. Transfers are coming up next week, so I'll find out on Saturday whether or not I am leaving. I would be excited to go to a new place. I've been here for a while, and I kind of want to start experiencing more of my mission. I would also love to stay here though. Newtown is awesome, and I've made so many good memories here. I've called it home for over five months now, so I'm definitely comfortable here. There's a good chance that I'll stay since Elder Savage is leaving and I know the area well. Sometimes they will do what they call a "white wash", which is when they pull both missionaries out and start with a totally new companionship. We'll just have to see what happens. Wherever I end up going, I know it will be where the Lord needs me. Other than that, there's not too much going on. I'm doing really well! I just really can't believe how fast the time goes. Every cycle goes faster than the one before it did. I want you all to know how much I appreciate all that you do for me. I miss you all so much. I think about you all the time and pray for you often. I love you so much! Have a fantastic week!! 
~Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment