Mission Scripture

Mission Scripture

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tis the season to be SKYPING:)

You guys probably thought I forgot about you today! Haha we had our transfer meeting this morning in Ossining, NY, and we just barely got back. Transfers were great, and I got to see Elder Kroff (who is training a new missionary again) and Elder Steiner. I have made some amazing friends already on my mission. Relationships that will have a lasting impact on my me for sure. We don't have too much time before we have to go to our dinner appointment, so today might be a little short. Not too much has changed this transfer. WE did lose our Italian roommate to the Bronx. I got to spend three awesome cycles with Elder Fragiacomo from Trieste Italy. I have some incredible memories with him. I'll miss him for sure! Now my District Leader, Elder Plouzek, is training a new missionary from Hurricane, UT! Change is always good. One thing I've learned about a mission is that change happens super fast. Before you know it, six weeks (That's how long each cycle is) has passed and the people you've just barely gotten to know are gone. That change I think plays a big part in why missions fly by so fast. The Lord doesn't allow you to get too comfortable with anything, and you have to be constantly adapting to new situations. It seriously doesn't feel like I have already been here for four months. Crazy! Well, with what little time I have left I'll explain how Skype will work. On Christmas Day I will be skyping with Dad and Tracy at 4pm my time, 2pm your time. On Christmas Eve I will be skyping with Mom and Kenjee. I don't know exactly what time yet. Our schedule isn't concrete for that day, but I will be trying to get on between 2-6pm my time, 12-4pm your time. Sorry you guys might be waiting in anticipation for four hours before I finally log on. Haha. But when I finally call it will be a nice Christmas surprise! I'll get to skype no longer than an hour on Christmas Eve and an hour on Christmas Day. My skype name is eldertylerallred. I'll try to add you guys on skype before it happens. Hopefully it all works out!  I"m sure it will!! I'm super excited to see everyone, so try to make it to either Mom's on Christmas Eve or Dad's on Christmas Day. I love you all so much. I wish I had more time tonight, but just know that I'm doing really well. I'm loving it and the work is going really well right now. I want you all to know that my testimony is growing each day. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He and the Lord know you each personally and love you. Don't forget it! Thank you for all the letters and packages. I'm feeling super spoiled! Haha. You're in my prayers. I love you!!!! 
~Elder Allred 

No comments:

Post a Comment